Posted in About Me, Blogging, Christmas, Creativity, Family & Friends, Holidays, I'm a Fan of..., tagged 30 Days of Lists, Amy, blogging, Christmas, December, holidays, journaling, Kam, scrapbooking on December 2, 2013|
Leave a Comment »
I did it! I took the plunge and signed up for 30 Days of Lists for December.
My daughter, Amy is hosting this project with her friend Kam and although I’m going to be pretty busy in December, I thought I could squeeze in some time to do this for at least some of the days.
I’m not setting expectations to create journals or scrapbook pages or even create a book or anything, but I THINK I can at least write a list a few days each week. You see, I’m not even committing to doing it every day. I’ll just take it one day at a time and see how it goes.
As soon as I saw the challenges for the first two days I started thinking of pictures that I could take to go along with a blog post with the list, so that’s probably what I’ll do.
Dec 1 – Before the end of the year…
Dec 2 – Around my home…
These are the first two challenges for lists. I’ll have to get to work on them tomorrow.
Let me know if you sign up.
Read Full Post »
Today Terry and I celebrate 35 years together. This is a picture of our wedding invitation, created by our precious and talented friend, Gary DeLacy. It was printed on a 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch piece of clear plastic and we couldn’t understand why our parents complained about the small font. Now we understand.
We won’t actually be doing much celebrating today, but will enjoy some special time together later this week. You see December is a great month for a wedding, but a crazy month for an anniversary. There are always so many other things going on and so many other things to spend money on that we’ve often celebrated in January or February. But this year we’ll have a chance to get out of town for a few days and just hang out together. No big presents, no big parties, just time together, which is my favorite kind of anniversary celebration.
So in honor of the big day, here are 35 things I love about my husband…in no particular order
- he’s willing to go on all kinds of adventures with me.
- he loves Jesus
- he loves our kids
- he loves to read and was the most creative reader for our kids. He did voices and everything!
- he keeps me warm when I get cold
- he’s a talented musician – guitar, mandolin, harmonica, bass, banjo…
- and humble about his gifts and talents
- he’s so smart about all kinds of stuff and he’s really good with numbers
- he loves astronomy, history, music, sports, food…
- he loves chocolate almost as much as I do
- he’s a funny guy
- he’s stuck with me for 35 years
- he encourages me to follow my dreams even when they’re things that he wouldn’t dream of doing.
- he loves to drive on road trips
- he always willing to drive (so I can fall asleep on the way home)
- he takes good care of himself
- he has always taken good care of our family
- he’s really good at setting up technical stuff, like connecting the cable box to the TV and receiver and Roku and all
- he’s steady and strong
- consistent and committed
- he works hard at his job, but doesn’t make it more important than his family
- he loves to travel and has always been committed to making it a priority for our family
- when we were dating he drove all the way across town to pick me up for church even though he lived a block from the building
- he does all the yard work even when it’s 115 degrees
- he laughs hard with me about the silliest things, even to the point of tears
- he kills bugs and takes out the trash
- he’s good at researching purchases, trips and all kinds of stuff
- he let me have a cat (for 21 years) even though he wasn’t a Cat Person. He fell in love with that cat too, even though he wouldn’t admit it for the first decade or so.
- he lets me host big get-togethers with friends and family even though his ideal size group is about 6 people (including us)
- he’s great at grilling AND always helps with clean up
- he goes to musicals with me and doesn’t make fun of them, even though he thinks they’re kind of silly
- he’s romantic
- he lets me take pictures of his food when we’re out for dinner, and he stops and waits when I want to take pictures (without complaint) wherever we go.
- he’s flexible and accommodating
- he loves me so much more than I deserve! (of course, you can probably tell that)
I’m so thankful that God brought us together. I think I’ll keep him around for another 35, if he’s willing.
Read Full Post »
Posted in About Me, Blogging, Christmas, Creativity, Family & Friends, tagged Blurb, Christmas, December, Holiday, Journal Christmas, Tradition on December 1, 2012|
Leave a Comment »
O.k., here goes! Journal your Christmas 2012 has begun. Attempting to do a blog post each day in the month of December. Already resigning myself to the fact that it won’t happen every day, but maybe I can post a photo and a caption at least to document the day. Then later I’ll put it into a Blurb book like my clever daughter did last year. Although she was doing a different project, called December Daily. At times I’ll be focusing more on documenting traditions, holiday activities, etc. with Shimelle and her gang at Journal Your Christmas. I’d love to have you join me.
See you tomorrow!
Read Full Post »